180 Spin/Cruyff Turn and other tricks with analog buttons are now available in FIFA Online 4 and this should make playing the game with a controller become much more interesting.
This article will explore the pros and cons of playing FIFA Online 4 with a PS4 controller and show you how to do just that.
Pros & Cons
Playing a game like FIFA Online 4 with a PS4 controller has many strong points comparing to playing with a keyboard. But there is also some certain down sides.
- You can spin the analog button around for directional controlling instead of using d-pad. It’s more convenient and flexible.
- It’s easier for you to use the button combos to perform skill moves
- It would less likely tire your hands out than playing with a keyboard does
- Of course a controller, especially a PS4 controller, does not come with the game by default so you have to spend money on it first
- You can’t really use a controller until you are inside the matches -> You still need a mouse/keyboard anyway
Connect & use PS4 controllers on PC, laptop
FIFA Online 4 only supports Xbox controllers by default and A PS4 controller does not automatically work with the game right away when you plug it into your computer.
So if you want to use a PS4 controller, please follow the below steps:
1. Using a micro USB cord to connect
Prepare a PS4 Bluetooth receiver for wireless connection or a micro USB cord
Download DS4Windows and Xbox 360 controller driver via the following links:
Extract DS4Windows.zip file and launch DS4Windows
First time you launch DS4Windows, there would be 2 options:
- Program Folder: For those that prefer to use DS4Windows as a portable program
- Appdata: For those that use DS4Windows often
Switch to Settings tab on the new interface, select Controller/Driver Setup to bring up the Driver setup screen
Click on Install the DS4 Driver to start installing the driver you need
When a popup like below shows up, click on Install to continue
Lastly, click Finish and use a micro USB cord to connect your PS4 controller to your computer. Back to Controllers tab, you will see a PS4 Controller on the list of connected devices. If not, try restarting DS4Windows
2. Using wireless connection with a Bluetooth receiver
Open DS4Windows, switch to Settings tab and click on Controller/Driver Setup. Click on Bluetooth Settings
If you use a laptop with built-in Bluetooth, you can start installing right away but if you use a PC or laptop without built-in Bluetooth, you will need a Bluetooth receiver
On the controller, press and hold PS and Share button continuously until you see the light blinking
When you see an option called Wireless Controller appear, click Pair
After some seconds, a notification will appear to tell you the controller is Connected
You can use either of the above options to connect a PS4 controller to your computer to play FIFA Online with it.
Play FIFA Online 4 using PS4 controllers
Upon successfully connected a PS4 controller to your computer, launch the game and go to Settings menu – Control settings – Change the default controlling method from keyboard to controller.
What’s next is quite simple, you can now set the buttons to how you like.
Note that using a PS4 controller to play FIFA Online 4 means that you will need to manually control the power of your shot, pass as a controller would give a different feeling from when you use a keyboard.