Pokémon Go is getting some big updates that will be hitting the game sometime soon. We’ll soon have Pokémon from the Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum versions arriving into Pokémon Go along with several other balancing changes.
The news direct from the official Pokémon website where a whole list of upcoming improvements as well as a short video trailer for the new content was released. Here are some of the changes that have already been revealed:
Changes to Pokémon Migration and Behavior
- Moving forward, the weather feature will have a reduced effect on the rate at which Pokémon appear.
- As you explore a given area, you will notice that a greater variety of Pokémon species will appear over time and at different rates.
- Certain areas, such as parks and nature reserves, will now contain more varied Pokémon species.
Changes to Pokémon Effectiveness in Battle
- CP values will be adjusted going forward to improve game balance.
- HP values will be adjusted to close the gap between Pokémon with high and low HP.
- Pokémon Defense and Stamina values will be rebalanced, allowing Pokémon with high defensive stats to be valuable by outlasting opponents in battle rather than these Pokémon merely taking too long to defeat.
- Defense values have also been slightly reduced for most Pokémon. Changes like these will help narrow the gap between Pokémon with the highest defensive stats and other Pokémon.
Here’s a short teaser video that gives a sneak peek at the new Pokémon released by the official Pokémon YouTube Channel.
The video was a bit brief, but we do get a glimpse of Turtwig, Chimchar, and Piplup, the starter Pokémon for Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.
As to when these updates will go live, so far there hasn’t been an official date. When this information does become available, we’ll be sure to update you.
Featured Image Source: Polygon