As if the game wasn’t already packed enough with over 100 hours of content, the first batch of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey free DLC story has gone live
The first offering in ‘The Lost Tales of Greece’ series of seven free story quests is dubbed ‘The Show Must Go On’ and forms part of the 1.0.6 patch available for all three platforms, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, though the size differs somewhat between console and PC at around 4GB.
Each of the seven free quests sit between three main DLC chapters only obtainable by purchasing the Season Pass, the first of which is ‘The Legacy of the First Blade’ arriving by the end of this year.
Ubisoft recommends players be at least level 34 before embarking on the quest, which can be triggered by visiting the marker in the Elis region. The quest is only available from Episode 5 onward so if it hasn’t popped up, you may be too early in the game to access it. No details about what the quest involves have been released, but given the theatrical title it may revolve around a Greek tragedy and thespians. As players dive in today, we should get a decent picture of what’s in store.
Patch 1.0.6 also brings in a cluster of changes and the usual deluge of bug fixes, as below:
- Added a feature to the game to auto-craft normal arrows when enough resources are available.
- You can now access the Detailed Character’s Statistics from the inventory.
- Improved Mercenary menu to properly show the unlocked ranks and associated rewards.
- The economic advantages earned with Mercenary Tiers was increased.
- The costs to upgrade Gear items has been decreased.
- Addressed an issue that prevented the Evie and Bayek Lieutenants to be available in the game.
- Addressed several issues with Orichalcum Ore either being misplaced or not lootable.