Shenmue 3 is set to require a gargantuan 100 GB of hard drive space to run, states developer Deep Silver in an update on the Kickstarter page for the upcoming martial arts action-adventure title.
The file size, though not the largest we’ve seen, is definitely at the higher end of the spectrum in the same ballpark as Gears of War 4 and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. It does however dwarf other popular titles such as the comparatively reasonable 66 GB required for Grand Theft Auto V and the 54 GB needed to install Just Cause 3. We just hope you’ve got a good internet connection if you opt for the digital version of the game and are ready to clear out your hard drive in anticipation.
The post also revealed the system requirements for the PC version of the game, which all things considered are rather reasonable. These are subject to change due to the game still being in development so are to be taken as a guide rather than solid information.
- Minimum:OS: Windows 7×64, Windows 8×64, Windows 10×64 (64-bit OS Required)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti or better (DirectX 11 card & VRAM 2GB Required)
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband internet connection
- Storage: 100 GB available space
- Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
- Additional Info: Requires Steam Client to activate.
Shenmue 3 was recently delayed to 2019, the second such push back in the title’s growing development history. To give some context, Shenmue 2 was released nearly 17 years ago. As interested parties patiently wait for next year’s release, they can take solace in knowing that remastered versions of Shenmue 1 and Shenmue 2 are scheduled to be released later this year.
If you missed it, delve into what Shenmue 3 is set to offer gamers in this 2017 trailer for the game.