Freelance English Video Game Feature/News Writers
Pay rate:Based on experience
Location:Work From Home
Do you love video games? Are you a fluent English speaker and writer? Do you have experience with Search Engine Optimization? Do you think you know everything about video games or even a superfan of certain games? Then we’d love to hear from you. Game Media Asia has sites across the Asia region and we’re building up English content for one of our properties. This is an excellent opportunity to build up your byline in the gaming media industry for newcomers and experienced writers alike. This is an English writing position, so again, you must be able to write at a native, or at the very least a near native level. Those who cannot will not be considered.
Please read all of the below before submitting a cover letter.
- Take specific feature story assignments to complete by deadline weekly
- Take eSport, gaming news assignments to complete by deadline daily
- For news writers, must hit a daily requirement of set posts (to be determined)
- For feature writers, must hit a weekly requirement of articles (to be determined)
- Source and discover gaming news from media outlets, social media and the industry
- Share your work on social media and in gaming communities
- Choose and create images and multimedia for your articles and posts
- Native, or near native English writing capability.
- You must provide sample of your writing or previous work to be considered, in gaming or otherwise You must tell us in your cover letter what games, platforms or anything else gaming related that you are most knowledgeable about and interested in writing about
- Provide your working hours availability and the amount of workload you’re able to take on
- Be a gamer
- Have an entertaining writing style and tone of voice, we’re not Bloomberg here
- Know how to create content in a content management system like WordPress
- Understand the importance of multimedia as a function of editorial. You’ll know how to embed
- Tweets, videos, use photoshop
- Understanding of correct attribution and sourcing
- Be at the very least familiar with search engine optimization
How to apply: Email [email protected] with your cover letter that includes the required information listed above. Sell yourself. We look forward to hearing from you.Apply